The First Tee of Greater Akron Program Levels
- PEE WEE (ages 4-6): – Students are verbally introduced to the Nine Core Values during classes taught by trained coaches. All aspects of the golf swing are introduced (putting, chipping, pitching, sand shots and full swings). Proper sized golf clubs are available for kids to use during class.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- PAR (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- BIRDIE (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- EAGLE (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- ACE (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.